Thank you for your interest in the Lively Magnet Program! Our online application is now live and at the bottom of this page. Please apply after you have read through the information. Please note there are two steps to applying-be sure you do both to receive all information. You can find detailed information on the testing process on the Admissions Testing page.
Students applying for the Lively Magnet Program are assessed by a committee of teachers and administrators on the following criteria:
- Fall 2021 Grades + Two Teacher Recommendations (1/3 of total score)
- Essay-Written during In-Person or Virtual Admission Testing in December (1/3 of total score)
- Virtual Interview-Students record this at their home and turn in by January 7th (1/3 of total score)
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, the 2020 Texas STAAR tests and AISD's fall Map testing were canceled and not all students took the 2021 STAAR. Consquently, we will be using 2019 or 2021 STAAR data to determine whether applicants meet a minumum threshold in reading proficiency to meet the demand of an advanced academic program. If an applicant's score on the 2019 or the most current STAAR test does not meet the minimum threshold requirements, the applicant will be given an additional opportunity to demonstrate grade level reading proficiency through a secondary short assessment administered by Lively. 2019 or 2021 STAAR data will be used as a threshold score primarily-it will not play a scoring role in the overall rubric that determines whether applicants are accepted into the program.
The 2022-2023 Lively Magnet Application is now available. It is very important for families to read through the application. You will find the application at the bottom of this page. Please see the admissions testing page for more detailed information.
AISD has created an Intent to Apply to a Magnet /Application Program page through the parent cloud to streamline the application process for families whose students are current AISD students. We require all AISD families to utilize the common application page which will pull your student's STAAR/Standardized test scores and grades. This will also enable you to send teacher recommendation forms to your student's teachers. Out of district families will create a parent portal account to complete an Intent to Apply Form. IF YOU ARE ALREADY ENROLLED IN AISD, PLEASE BEGIN THE PROCESS ONLINE! HERE IS HOW:
1. Go to the Parent Cloud: https://my.austinisd.org and log in. If you do not yet have an account, you can create one.
2. Search for and click on "Intent to Apply to a Magnet/Application Program 2022-2023". (Note: This will not be active until September 11th, 2021)
3. Choose your student and click on the program(s) your child will apply for.
4. Make note of the remaining pieces of the program's application process.
5. When you click "Submit", the following components of the application will automatically be forwarded to us:
- General Student Information
- Grades for the 1st two grading periods of Fall 2021
- STAAR testing data (most recent)
6. After you click "Submit", you will see a link for "Teacher Recommendations". Click on this link to send the recommendation form to your teachers. Please follow up with your teachers or our office to ensure the teachers have sent their recommendations.
Need more help with the Intent to Apply? Here is a guide!
RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS: Please note that according to AISD School Board Policy, applicants must show proof of residence within the AISD boundaries by the application due date. This proof may include documentation indicating that the student's family will occupy a residence that has been purchased or leased within 45 calendar days of the application due date. Residence within AISD boundaries must be maintained in order to remain in the Lively Magnet Program. If a student moves out of AISD while attending the program, he/she will be allowed to finish the semester in the program. Principals or directors may request proof of residence at any time. If you submit a transfer request for a priority or general transfer prior to applying to this program, acceptance into this program will supersede an approved priority or general transfer.
Families must fill out the digital application below. This digital form allows you to receive information and upload any application materials and testing accommodations. Families using the digital application and AISD Intent to Apply do not need to turn in any paper materials.
Digital Application: https://form.jotform.com/202586611763054
Magnet Application: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GiarvL1lyyqB4wxYs4z3ssl99X3VaxvG/edi...
Contact the Magnet Office by phone (512) 841-4916 or email at email@example.com if you have any technical issues with the JotForm or the google doc above.