Admissions Testing will occur in the Lively Cafeteria located at the corner of Brackenridge and Mary Streets. Students should bring a jacket, water bottle, pens or pencils, and something to read in case they finish early. We honor all 504 and special education accommodations but must have the accommodations documentation at least a week before your student plans to come and test. Families do not need to register for a test session, please come to the one that is most convenient for your family. In order to complete the magnet application, students must attend a testing session. All testing must be completed by February 8th, 2020. PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE TIMED NATURE OF ADMISSIONS TESTING, LATE ENTRIES CANNOT BE ALLOWED. PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR TESTING SESSION.
Following are the dates and structure for Lively Admissions testing:
- Session 1: Saturday, January 18th: 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Last Names A-L 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Last Names M-Z
- Session 2: Saturday, January 25th: 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Last Names A-L 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Last Names M-Z
Please read the following information to make your student's testing process smoothly.
- Families assemble in the large gym 15 minutes before the testing session for a welcome and brief directions
- Students are moved into the cafeteria for testing-Parents are not allowed in the testing session
- Instructions are given for the essay
- 30 minute essay
- Short break
- Instructions are given for the admissions test
- 40 minute admissions test
Should you need another time for testing, please call the Magnet Office at 512-841-4916.