Lively Middle School is proud to have a Spanish Dual Language Program for sixth through eighth grade students. Dual Language is an extension of Lively's Mission, “To provide educational opportunities that inspire global thinking and social responsibility.”
In Livelh's Dual Language Program, students take a Spanish for Spanish Speakers class from sixth through eighth grades and another core content class, which have included Mathematics, Science and Social Studies classes in Spanish. Lively has offered Advanced Placement Spanish and Spanish for Spanish speakers to our students for over twelve years. Lively also offers other world language classes, including Chinese, French, Japanese, and courses in Asian Cultures, Hispanic Cultures, and Japanese Arts, among other course offerings.
On this page, scroll down to the Middle School section and you will find instructions for applying within the AISD Parent Cloud or by paper (if you are outside of the district.)
All Dual Language applications are due by .
Lively offers a wide variety of courses and programs to meet the diverse learning needs of our students. Located on historic South Congress Avenue, just down the street from the Texas capitol, Lively serves approximately 1,000 students in grades six, seven, and eight. Highlights of Lively include:
All core content courses (Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts) are available at grade-level or pre-advanced placement.
- Advanced course offerings include: Algebra I, Geometry, 6th and 7th grade Advanced Math, and Advanced Placement Spanish.
- Fun and exciting curriculum that is infused with Creative Learning Strategies.
- Social Emotional Learning curriculum through our Advisory Program.
- Elective strands include: Law, Fine Arts, Literary Expression, Film & Video, Foreign Language, and Cultural Anthropology.
- After school programming with a wide variety of unique clubs offerings.
Austin ISD's Dual Language Program Goals
- Students will participate in a rigorous academic program that accelerates their learning.
- Students will develop high linguistic proficiency in two languages.
- Students will develop academic proficiency in two languages.
- Students will develop positive cross-cultural attitudes.
Austin ISD's Dual Language Mission:
Austin ISD Dual Language students will develop a high academic and linguistic proficiency in two languages by participating in a rigorous academic program that enhances the development of bilingualism, biculturalism, and biliteracy so that students will graduate ready for college, career, and life in a globally competitive economy.
For more information about Dual Language in Austin ISD, please visit: duallanguage.org.